My Pioneer is a straight 2-channel receiver. No sub out. I am using its pre-outs to feed my subs. Left pre-out to left sub and right pre-out to right sub. I feed the M2OW off the Pioneer's built-in amp. 70W/channel into 4 Ohms, I sit 12 feet away and come nowhere close to maxing it out even at rocking SPLs.

Running speakers full range is not all it's cracked up to be. It really depends on the speakers, the room and how far away you sit. When I had the active LFRs in my 1900 cu.ft. living room, I ran them full range and it was magic. No other Axiom could do that except the M2; and the M2 wasn't magical down low but at least it wasn't offensive. All others interacted with my room real bad down low and had to be crossed over to a sub at around 80Hz. When I moved the actives into my 4200 cu.ft. main room, the magic down low was lost comparatively speaking. They were still far better than the M100. But that's where the twin 500s took over. Right at 40Hz.

You'd be surprised what smaller Axiom speakers can do. Anyone who can sit 12 feet or less to their speakers, is safe with M2s and one or two good subs. In fact, I've found for that distance, the M2 images better than larger speakers with more drivers. I used to tease TAM about his M2s with twin 800s and shame on me. I've discovered for myself he was right. The M2OW in my living room have changed my life.

House of the Rising Sone
Out in the mid or far field
Dedicated mid-woofers are over-rated