Yep, the Axiom cable is fine.

I just fluked out on finding star quad because I took home scrap wire from work to use as speaker cable after pulling a fire alarm system in a sport check. A single conductor of a gauge is three sizes larger when paralleled. Ie. 18AWG+18AWG= 15AWG with magnetic cancellation in star quad. Found out about what I stumbled into after.

RANT: sick
Turns out they can potentially make a difference. Is it audible? Depends. MUCH bigger things to focus on first. In my room 1/2 a db is very audible when tuning. The absolutists in both camps maybe haven’t read all the books or built (several) scratch rooms to find out like some have. Sometimes I read posts online and wonder.... I think they misinterpret the science to suit their opinion, rather than understanding real science has no opinion.

Wait! Did he just say he knows better?! Yes, he did. JohnK used to piss me off.

Heavier gauge cables have lower resistance but also generally higher capacitance. I’m not convinced that although resistance does decrease power to the load that inductance and capacitance aren’t also important to minimize. VFD drives dont work properly when this isnt taken into consideration.... They arent so different from modern amps.

Again, I wouldn’t go nuts. Just size the cable to your amp. Driving 500watts or less #12. Ignore the length guidelines.... It’s residential..... How much power are you planning to send. Start there.

The company I work for wired the sound system at Confederation place in Charlottetown. Did the rigging and analog dimming array too. #10 was as big as they went on runs 300’ . Huge and expensive amplifiers from L-Acoustics that dummy consumer products. I was hands on there personally. Neat stuff. Seen Stephen Page with Orchestra there recently. Nuts good sound.

No need to overdo.