Dad likes orchestral ( think Laurenna mckennit) symphony, jazz, acoustic guitar, rock 70’s 80’s) Pink Floyd, Neil Young, occasional funk, and uncharacteristically likes the odd techno bass heavy tune. Anything Knopfler is a favorite of his. Mostly on vinyl but some on red book standard CD.

Listening space: 8 foot by 8 foot with 8 foot ceiling. But all opens to high ceiling on both sides. ( essentially he’s setup underneath the upstairs loft. ) I told him to move it into the loft. It’s a small space compared to mine. The speakers sit about 5 feet apart and listening spot is about 7 feet back. The sub is in a corner open to the high ceiling. It’s down firing. I think the high ceiling corner install makes it boomy.

I think m5hp upstairs in the loft would be exceptional. But I doubt he’s move it up there. Stubborn.

Glad to here you think all axiom passives need sub support. I agree. I like a bit of grunt and subtle thump in the low end. Sweet more research to do now!

I will say though at higher volumes there is definitely some low end wow factor. But Sometimes hip hop tech tunes need a bit of bass knob turned to 3 o clock position to give a little extra. Other than though pure direct sounds best, significantly better for all other types of music.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595