Thanks for the feedback curved air. Yeah with the wireless I wouldn’t need as many inputs / coax. My current CD player only has coax as a digital feed out.

I’d love to get an axiom air / transformer but the price is up there. ( for me at least ). Which is why the Schiit modi 3 is on my list.
If was going into the axiom price band I’d look at other options too like the chord mojo etc.

But mojo you’re totally right. ( again , smirk). How do we compare these DACs? Other than anecdotal reviews. ( which can be good and trusted I think). For example, Curved air above says the burr brown dac sounds good. I believe him. ( why would he lie?). Then another reviewer says the modi 3 sounds good. Compared to what? Our own subjective preferences. At least in this case we are all working with in the relative similarity of axiom sound / voicing.

I’ve always believed in buying things once and aiming at the quality one can afford in this purely first world hobby. But then again this hobby is about mixing matching and experimenting. And there’s a part of me that feels that prioritizing on components is important. I’d rather have a cheaper DAC and save for amps. Really though it’s only $200 and amps are gonna be $$$ bling.

But that wireless connection with apps sounds lovely.

Can anyone comment further on the sound of the burr brown dac ?

Thanks all. Interesting food for thought.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595