I totally understand the being busy thing and working 24 / 7. I’m enjoying some downtime but it’s about to get very busy and the hobbies get put away when that happens.

I’m fascinated by the lfr1100 and the dsp and the quintet amplififaction. I first saw this with the Brystons model t actives. ( although with less amplification ) But with the omni directional setup I bet it’ is ( or in your case going to be ) spectacular.

Let me know how it sounds or if it works out to hook up those ADA. You’re the perfect candidate to test m60ti with an ADA 1500. And with a tubeDAC too. Or with any pre and ADA I guess. Would love to know your take on that.

Good info on the BBC dip. I’d never heard of that or knew about the 2-3 k dip. Interesting.
Thanks for the extra notes there too with listen position and quirks.
I’ll be trying a further listening position next. I’ve been finding that less toe in is better so far. Just listened to Tragically Hip “ In Violet Light” CD album. Amazing. Especially track 4 “ the GoodLife might have to weaken” and track “ dire wolf”. WOW. I actually find myself talking out loud to no one saying “ my god! “ or other expletives of amazement. So addicted. So much fun!

Again , I know I’m operating in bubble but it’s hard to imagine it getting better. Until one day I’ll put on those glasses that MOJO was talking about.

One quirk I’m finding is a seem to get more vocal “ localizing” just slightly right of center. I played with balance but all other sounds are equal loudness. Just vocals. Sounds like the lead vocalist is just to the right of center. I’ve noticed it with Diana Krall and kd Lang as well as with just now Gord Downey but he was the closest to center. Out of phase? This is reaching beyond my technical understanding.....Any thoughts?

Quick edit add on..... could the vocal thing be a room boundary?

Last edited by Kodiak; 12/13/19 01:01 AM.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595