Totally. Love the logic. That makes some good sense. Over the holidays I had a listen to my “ childhood “ reference system. Paradigm monitor 9. ( single tweet with dual 8in woofer ) with a 10 inch speaker level paradigm passive sub filtering to the mains. No comparison to my m60. Not even close. Too boomy and lacked midrange reality. I think that system would sound better with that passive sub removed. The jvc that’s powering the whole thing has plenty of power to go with the high sensitivity paradigms. But I did conclude I like bass. It’s fun. My m60s do lack a bit of heft with rap hip hop and low freq effects.

I borrowed the same CD ( Santana Super Natural ) from pops and played it on the m60s. Sounded like strong cup of coffee was added to the mix and someone took the dark glasses at dusk off and turned on the lights.

So I appreciate your logic of appreciation of moving up in quality in steps. Nice one.

M60ti Hafler9505 & JFET Pre,Axiom Transformer. M3 Marantz PM7200 Dual 606 Denon 2700 M2 Yammy RX595