We got our local (Burlington ON) paper tonight and there was an article on the relief efforts.

please ignore the "In reply to:", the following is a quote:

In reply to:

American Red Cross officials have advised it will be about two weeks before they know what help is needed, said the organization's district branch manager for Halton.

"People are reacting to the TV coverage, which keeps you up-to-the-minute and makes you aware of it," said Holm.

Holm said Burlington has a top Red Cross team that helped out following last year's tsunami disaster and the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks in the United States.

The local Salvation Army's director of public relations and development said the organization's Ontario branches have emergency and community response vehicles available.

"We have at least six vehicles we'll be able to move in. I would not be surprised to see that teams will be deployed," said Major Byron Jacobs, who represents the Burlington, Hamilton and Niagara regions. "Our own teams will be organized and we're waiting for the appropriate moments to move in."

Local Salvation Army workers also helped after the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks. Because the hurricane damage represents a long-term rebuilding situation, Jacobs expects they'll be called in again. He said there have been inquiries about donations and advised calling local Salvation Army branches at 905-637-3894 or 905-521-1660.

Burlington Hydro's President David Collie said the utility would be available to provide help if called upon.

Apparently Hydro One (Ontario's largest electricity delivery company) has also offered aid.

I imagine these offers of help are very widespread all across Canada. I'm not trying to beat a dead horse to death but I do want those of you south of the border to know that behind the scenes there are a lot of things going on.

Getting to 2,000 posts; one year at a time vp160/qs8/qs4/SVS 2000/m60/Monolith 3x200 amp