In reply to:

I was hoping, as with what occured in the Tsunami thread from last January, that we would see an outpouring of generosity from other members in this forum. I was wrong.

I'm not going to get drawn into a tit-for-tat pissing contest here; I simply refuse to. But Craig, how can anyone read the above statement and take it as anything but manipulative?

I don't know who is African-American on these boards. I don't know who is Asian, or White or Latino. I don't know who is Catholic, Protestant, Jewish or Muslim. I don't know who is short, who is tall, who is skinny, or who is bald.

I don't know who is struggling to pay their bills. But I do know that one member here has a lot of money. Whether it's discusssions of contributions, cars, or the number of HT systems owned, I've been reminded in posts here, and I think it does smack of flaunting.

Why in the world would I know that, unless you gleefully offered that information here a number of times?

As I said, I will not get pulled into a pissing match here. But I think it's fair to defend Mikes' position (and to not leave him hanging) as I was one person who contacted him via a PM to let him know he was not off-base with his comments. I don't know if there were others.

Wasn't this supposed to be about Katrina?

::::::: No disrespect to Axiom, but my favorite woofer is my yellow lab :::::::