The Wife and I were having quite a time discussing all of this; finger pointing, responsibility et al, when one of the Grandkids came in and said we needed a spacecraft from one of the movies to come down and beam all the people up through the roofs of the houses, and from the water, and the rubble, and from the Domes. It'll have to very large to hold about a million people! And in a lot of respects, he's right. We may not actually have the technology and resources and infrastructure available to do the job that the average couch quarterback thinks we should. To me, anyway, to get a million folks or so, from rubble, from flooding, from within forty thousand individual structures, from within thousands of square miles area, to give them all food, water, clothing, medical attention, shelter, a little spending cash, viable comfortable dwelings for the newly homeless, and a quick route to their closest relatives within twenty-four hours or less, for the rest, so that people aren't suffering is something that may not be attainable regardless of what party is in office, and even if an unimaginably large ammount of money were available from whatever source.

Unless such a monumental craft already exists; in secret, at Area 51.

We need to develop that "Spaceship" technology, right? And Right Away. Just as soon as we finish something simple, like the space station.

I think most folks out there realize that this is not a simple task; but it's also not as simple a task as they think it is either.

Rich.