Bren -

I just listened to the audio of this Houston affair, and former President Bill Clinton was with her when she was talking, and ADDED to what she had to say, after agreeing with her.

Mrs. Bush made these comments after dozens of people who were living in New Orleans last week, and are now in Houston as refugees, TOLD her that they wanted to stay in Houston. The reason they wanted to stay in Houston was they like the hospitality they have been shown, AND that they had come from a run down area (inner city New Orleans). In other words, they saw HOPE. The general feeling among the 15,000 in the Astrodome was that Houston was a LOT better place than the inner city New Orleans they knew from before the hurricane.

The concept that these people were underpriviledged was not one she pulled out of the air. She was TOLD this by the refugees in Houston.

Barbara Bush is a lady, and acts as a lady should. The word "underpriviledged" was her way of softening what she was told to her by those to whom she spoke.

There was not ONE racist term used, nor anything elitist.

Bill Clinton had this to say: "I feel pretty good about what I saw today." and "A lot of people want to stay here in Houston" ... and the discussion continued with how could the nation's 4th largest city (Houston) handle this many refugees wanting to relocate there.

So YES - Anyone wanting to slam an 80 year old woman for saying what she said is a bully.

As for your comparing her to Eva Braun, You managed to out do Peter.