First I’d like to offer my sympathy as well as my charity, to a proud, and truly great nation to my south.

It took awhile but I did read most of this thread. To see such fevered debate amongst seemingly smart men (and women) proves how great a democracy the U.S.A. can be.

It’s debate like this that will help the U.S. persevere and hopefully correct any mistakes or blunders that may have occurred in the aftermath of such a devastating disaster.

I donated to the tsunami (unicef) and to the red cross (hurricane relief). I donated the same for both. I had to think for awhile, if I should donate the same amount to by far the wealthiest country in the world (now I’m not saying that the U.S. is not in trouble financially, I realize it has it’s share of problems) but with nearly 300 billionaires and a defense budget of 400 billion per year I DID have to consider the difference between the two situations. I decided on the same amount, (which is substantial for me), because I left politics OUT of it and gave with my heart.

In the coming weeks I’m sure we’ll here horrific stories, as well as tales of heroism and strength. Hopefully it brings your nation together, and doesn’t tear it apart.

Healthy debate is a great tool of democracy.
Just my two cents…..

if you're looking for anti-bush news

altnewssource