Ash ...

In reply to:

However, even though I am a conservative, I think the right wing whack jobs are just that ... NUTS. They are driven by the same hatred as are the left wing sites to which you refer. They just hate different people.

In reply to:

Because noone REALLY thought this tragedy was going to occur. It is easy to look back with "we should have done .....

In reply to:

Finally, if we are to be intellecually honest, There is not anyone who would have been better prepared than those people at the state, local, and federal levels than what we have today. We have never seen anything like this. ever.

This is all I have been trying to convince people about. We had an unprecendented disaster. 90,000 square miles affected. And everyone involved in trying to help the problem is human.

Who do we blame ?

1. The mayor of New Orleans for not following his own evac plan ?

2. The mayor for leaving over 500 school buses empty ?

3. The governor for not having her National Guard in place ?

4. Private Citizens for deciding this was a party ?

5. New Orleans Police, for releasing inmates ?

6. Michael Chertoff, for being too slow ?

7. George W. Bush, for whatever reason ?

8. Bill Clinton, because he could have fixed this 8 years ago, but he was consorting with an intern ? (that was dry humor)...

Or do we realize that NOONE is to blame. It was a disaster. We need to help those who need it. We need to learn from this.

Sadly - what will happen is finger pointing, political grandstanding, and "told ya so's".