Heh heh - One of my favorite clients told me this in 1990, when it looked like Hussein had a hammerlock on Kuwait, gas went up to over $2 per gallon, and with the Soviet Union looking pretty fragile, people were wondering would they chance peacefully, or go out with a bang ... :

"""When things are rolling, it is not as good as it seems. And times like now are not as bad as it seems."""

I feel for you, because even though it is clear you feel blessed doing the child rearing again, it is also equally clear that it places a stress on your life which you should not have at this point. You should be spoiling your grandchildren, and travelling while enjoying the fruits of your labors.. That being said, I applaud your "goodness" in how you handled your situation.

My dad turns 70 in January, and he looks at me and says "I am glad I don't face the challenges you do". I am sure I will be saying that to my sons in 30 years, too.

At my age ? I look at the world as an opportunity. It takes some serious work, but it is there.