What have I done? That is none of your business. I guess I'm coming across as being morally judgemental and that is not my intention. I just don't see the importance that every conservative I know sees - in this "they chose to stay issue".

I know that what I did choose to do would have been far less than if I were still living near downtown Houston. All the wealthy people in Sugarland and The Woodlands (Houston) should be opening their large homes. I used to live there and I would. It's a no brainer, really. Perhaps I could have selected a family that couldn't leave as opposed to one who had made the choice to stay. LOL.

So people were going to walk out of the city during a hurricane? One woman (a tourist) didn't have a car and reporting people at her hotel loading up their SUVs without offering rides.

Meanwhile:

Thanks for rejecting aid that people could use Bush. Not very smart. Also, assuming few offers because we haven't asked for them is an insult (esp since offers have already been made). Meanwhile, Condi Rice says all offers accepted. Who's running this country?

"Still, Bush told ABC-TV: "I'm not expecting much from foreign nations because we hadn't asked for it. I do expect a lot of sympathy and perhaps some will send cash dollars. But this country's going to rise up and take care of it."

"You know," he said, "we would love help, but we're going to take care of our own business as well, and there's no doubt in my mind we'll succeed. And there's no doubt in my mind, as I sit here talking to you, that New Orleans is going to rise up again as a great city."