In reply to:

The resume padding is an example of what frustrates me about the government. If he had applied for a private sector job using that resume, he would have been snagged and immediately fired. But because we are dealing with the government and its all about politics, credentials rarely matter and its about who you know. Then, we end up with a bunch of no-talents in important positions like head of FEMA. I think it is pretty ironic that Wal-Mart, for all of its faults, ended up providing better emergency care than the city and state governments.

Amen to that! Hopefully more people will pay attention to political appointees qualifications in the future - and that appointments are based more on merit than reward - no matter which party (i know, i know, rose-colored glasses).

The thing that really raises my hackles is the fact that a former co-worker of mine worked very hard on the Kerry campaign. If Kerry would have won, that "no talent ass clown" would have had a mid-level analyst job at either the White House or State Department. We were just discussing today at how poorly he worked here, how would he do in the government? Scary thought!

DL