Well....Despite the differences of opinion regarding HOW the response to Katrina was handled by the government and associated agencies, I would like to report on HOW the public is at least responding here in Austin, Texas.

My family and I went down to the Austin Convention Center to volunteer assisting the over 3,500 evacuees being housed there. We were instructed to fill out a form and leave it with available times and such. We were not able to volunteer yesterday due to HAVING TOO MANY VOLUNTEERS!
This is a blessing to those who are in need (and those working to meet those needs). The Red Cross are going through the lists of those registered as volunteers and compiling a working schedule to allow as many as can volunteer. Medical personnel were allow to go straight through though...as they can use them at any point.

Donations of money, a box of books, a container of stuffed animals, donations of your time to volunteer, ALL HELP in making a terrible tragedy something not so terrible for those who lived it.

Help in whatever way you can even if it is small...IT ALL HELPS.

Thanks to those who have and continue to help.

WhatFurrer

"Meddle not in the affairs of Dragons, for you are crunchy and good with ketchup..."