Oh, and Bob check out the following from a new owner; either he licked the speaker and is hooked on fanboy dust already, or your experience so far is an outlier. Give it a chance man:

Quote:
Those of you with the 800... I'd like to know what your settings are so i can try a few things out.

The muffled sound/lack of bass on the 800 was BEFORE we moved the sub. so I know the volume knob thing had nothing to do with it. I spoke to JC today and we're going to take care of it, and it's not going to cost too much (thank God!!)... I really like, respect - am completely impressed with - the people at axiom!! They could have taken advantage of a newbie like me, and didn't even hint at trying to make me pay extravagant fees for the mishap!

By the way, I ABSOLUTELY LOVE THE M80S!!! HOLY SH*T!!! I have the streem 808s... and they're not bad at all (for the price i paid), but WOW... what a difference! Now I know what ppl mean by "a life changing experience"... it's true! We pumped up the volume on the M80s LOUD and NO distortion whatsoever... and we didn't even come CLOSE to max volume! I'm an axiomite for life now! without a doubt! can't wait to hook up the center and surrounds.

Panny 3000 PJ, 118" Carada, Denon 3300, PS3, Axiom QS8, PSB 5T, B&W sub, levitating speaker wire