Hi Bob,

re: I know that my room is not ideal. 16 1/2' x 13' with the TV in a corner with the speaker on the right side into the 10 x 10 foyer area that extends beyond the back of this corner area.

Please keep in mind the following assumes two channel listening, no sub.

I’ve been trying to picture this in my head. From your statement above, it appears like one speaker is firing out of the corner and the other, the speaker on the right, is firing with no wall behind it whatsoever.

If this is the case, and I hope I’m not being presumptuous, the speaker on the left is going to have an exaggerated upper bass response because it’s firing out of a corner. The speaker combines with the wall and the area becomes a big horn. This would account for seemingly adequate bass. (Just ask the guy’s at Klipsh)

Now the right speaker:

If I’m picturing your room correctly, the right speaker’s rear wave is essentially being fired into infinity, again if this is the case; the bottom end from this speaker would drop out almost completely leaving you with just the higher frequencies. This could account for the overly “bright” response your hearing.

In any case, as I’m sure you know, to achieve great audio one must sometimes make compromises in room location and even furnishings, that being said, you might have no choice but to move things around, speaker brand notwithstanding.

I hope my words have helped. Good luck to you Bob.
;\)

Those who have long enjoyed such privileges as we enjoy forget in time that men died to win them.