To keep it short, aside from Bob's negative comments how many others have you seen here? Of course on other forums you will see more, but you would think another unsatisfied owner would post here as well.

I would not worry about your decision until you actually hook them up and give them a chance.

As a side note, it seems a large majority of people come here wanting M80's or decide to go for the best once asking questions or being persuaded by members. However, everyones perception of bright/detailed is different and it may not be the sound signature that you're after. If that's the case then people should really be looking towards (in my opinion) M3's or M50's and potentially the M60. And yes I've heard them all, some at Axiom and some in my house.

I love my M60's and have no desire to get M80's. When I upgraded my old M60's the upgrade was for High Gloss. I could have easily went for the M80's but choose not to. I also had a beautiful set of Vassallo M3's that I loved and their sound was very different but just as enjoyable...wish I kept them for another room, instead I replaced them with rear QS8's.

High Gloss Cherry
M60 VP150 QS8
Open for Auditions but please don't drool on the High Gloss