I spent a good deal of time scouring AVS forums (and other forums a bit) mostly looking at Paradigm/ Klipsch. When I was pointed to Axiom, it appeared a very good value/quality. I was hesitant at first to come to an Axiom sponsored forum for objective advice. I have found the folks here pretty even handed in recommendations. You expect a lot of owner enthusiasm on a (mostly) owner's forum.

Bob, I would try not to turn sour yet. Please report back here with your amp settings, room size, all speaker distances to primary listening position, etc. Folks here will be more than happy to share their experience on possible tweaks to improve. I certainly can relate to your extreme excitement during the selection process, finally pulling the trigger and then waiting for arrival. I am where you were at the 'almost final decision stage'. (M60, VP150, QS8, backs not finalized ;o)

To have this level of excitement puts a big expectation on the first hearing. It may turn out that the Axioms do not indeed appeal to your ears for this is a highly personal preference. I loved the analogy I read recently: Most could agree on a woman being beautiful or... not so much. But to get most to agree on which woman is the 'most' beautiful... not going to happen.

Bob, please try toput your first impression on hold until you give yourself the opportunity to be sure there is not some (of the gazillion) setting that might not be correct in your system. Or room placement/ acoustics might be changed to a positive affect. I know from setting up my new Denon 1909 recently, I missed an important setting or two! You owe it to your self for any possibilty you don't need to incur return shipping at a minimum. I know getting past the initial disappointment is tough.

Anyway best wishes to you in getting to a sound that you really love.

Dave
owner in waiting (on that final decision... again ;o)

Last edited by davekro; 02/17/09 05:52 PM.

Dave

"In theory, practice and theory are the same. In practice they're not."