Originally Posted By: Zimm
Bob was warned about the highly reflective nature of his room in light of his fear of brightness. He posted 9000 times before he bought, yet I get the impression he did not really listen to some of the more technical posts. Hell, I knew his setup was going to bright. And as non-M80 owner, I can say with a good deal of confidence that Bob was treated as well as anyone until he got a little bent out of shape over some posts (it happens) and never really recovered. You see the same thing happening on the other forum where he was chastised for alleging he had not received a warm welcome. I'm sure he is a great guy, just comes across a bit...well, you can fill in the blank for yourself. I'm not trying to start a bash-Bob thread.

What a load of bunk! I probably should have had pictures sooner but I don't think I could have described my room any better. Yes I was informed that my room would probably need some room treatments like most everyone. It is also known that room treatments aren't the easiest to accomplish in a living room as opposed to a dedicated HT. I have seen quite a few pictures of similar rooms (except for the corner location. Actually there was one corner arrangement) without a whole bunch of room treatments.
No matter how much room treatment I can accomplish doesn't deny the fact that they were still bright in a room with ample amount of treament and better placement. Sure something like the Song Tower will sound brighter in my room than the room I auditioned them in but I would think in ratio to how the M80's performed in both rooms. So no matter how you slice it the ST's were not as bright and yet more revealing and detailed. Seems like an oxymoron to me.

Being a "non-M80 owner" has nothing to do with any confidence you may have. I may have got bent over a few posts but I DID recover and more than once. Problem was that everytime I came back someone here didn't let go and continued badgering. I was sincere in seeking help. Sorry that my questioning didn't live up to certain people's pre-requisites for asking questions. This is also my 503 post and saying something like 9000 times before I bought just shows more of where your head is at. AND the majority of my posts were after my purchase. I think you come across a bit.... well you fill in the blank.

My interaction at another forum is none of your business but to set the record straight, one of the first replys was for me to take my question to another forum because it was out of place. I placed the question wxactly where I wanted it and took exception to that poster. Another poster couldn't see where I was coming from and later apologized to me for his post as well as the one who didn't welcome my question there. Even without the PM's that transpired it is relatively clear what happened if you read everything in context.

I have not entirely given up on the Axioms yet although I have pretty much given up on this forum. Can't tell you how diappointed I am in all of this. I initially thought I would have some long time friends here and was excited to be part of this here. Hope you guys continue to enjoy your speakers.