It was the "friendly barbs" that created such a friendly atmosphere and the potential for newbies to see the opportunity to join in the "fun". It would be hard for a newbie to understand that these "friendly barbs" are only intended for the "veteran click". I was once told to not be so thin skinned about some of the comments coming my way. Sorry if you are too thin skinned to have been offended by "vinyl freak' and sorry to see others jump on your pity party.

I posted earlier only to give my first impressions. As most of you know I have been concerned with the potential of these being bright and now I see rightfully so. I remember so well my audition of the Studio 60's. I didn't want to get up out of the chair and leave the store. These speakers were not located in their prime listening room. In fact the store's fron window was at my back so I know it wan't the most ideal room situation.

I know that my room is not ideal. 16 1/2' x 13' with the TV in a corner with the speaker on the right side into the 10 x 10 foyer area that extends beyond the back of this corner area. Only the M80's hooked up in stereo set to large. I know what a snare drum sounds like. I have band rehearsal every Tursday. The Allman Brothers Fillmore East is classic and I know what their 2 drummers sound like through most systems I have heard since 1971 (or whenever it was that it came out).
I can see how the clarity and detals of the M80's would entrigue the jazz and classical enthusiasts. I just feel something is missing in here. The guitar in the Allman Bros also didn't sound right and I am a guitarist whose emphasis has been quality tone in my personal endevours.

For the newbies here. I can't count how many times the advice on other forums has been to listen to speakers BEFORE you buy them. I thought with the many comparisons by those here and the return policy of Axiom, that it was a no brainer to get them. And I bought them with NO intention of returning them. The enthusiastic comments such as if you liked the Studio 60's you will love the M80's as they compare more to the Studio 100's. (I never heard the Studio 100's)

I also don't intend (nor can I) move the speakers all over my livingroom. I don't know what my next move will be but I am not happy at this point. I will play with he tone controls of my receiver but I thought the idea was to get a neutral, natural sounding speaker and not introduce tone shaping.

For the rest of you that continue to have a problem with me or can't or won't take me serious, I hope you don't choke on your popcorn.