Originally Posted By: grunt
When I was into writing code and working on web pages I used Linux because of all the free tools and customizability. When I was heavy into computer gaming I used a PC because there weren’t crap for Apple/Mac games. I imagine if I were an artist or educator I would use a Mac. Makes sense to use the best tool for the job.

Well said G.

Unix/Linux were game changers for sure. I do not miss editing .ini registry files or trouble shooting hardware conflicts for hours at all. I hated leaving OS9 behind when Apple (bravely) lept to OSX, but I would never, ever want to go back to those dark days now, that's for sure.

I would rather just create music/video and leave the coding to the ones who love that stuff. \:\)

Although the cheap price of PC's is very seductive, after having to struggle with a project running Vista as the OS, I realized that, as they say, you can never go home again.

Although I may check out Windows 7, I hear that is a vast improvement over Vista. All my friends in the "business" that use Windows are still running XP cause they finally got it to "play nice" and be stable. They absolutely hated Vista.

"Art is making something out of nothing and selling it."
---Frank Zappa