Originally Posted By: pmbuko
anchovies are misunderstood little fishies.

The are indeed.

I'm not a fan of them whole. But they are a yummy component in many dishes - two in particular that that many folks enjoy but may not realize that anchovies are involved...

One would be Caesar salad dressing, as Tom mentioned. That tangy sharpness of the dressing? Anchovies!

And anyone like Worschester sauce, as in Lea & Perrins? The main ingredient that gives it that unique flavor is fermented anchovy juice. I kid you not. So very tasty when mixed into ground beef for meatloaf, hamburgers, even for a meat pasta sauce. Yum!

Now I'm hungry...

Admittedly, I've never had the guts to try anchovies on pizza. My wife has though. She's said that it was actually quite good. So go for it!

The great pizza experiment sounds like fun. All of your selections sound awesome. I quite enjoy 'white' pizzas, and that one sounds really tasty. A truly amazing world we live in when you can order pizza from several states away. \:\) Who knows, perhaps I'll have to try this amazing service too sometime. Always up for a new pizza adventure.

And to actually add something to the thread....

The most recent 'amazing' thing that I've discovered are sweet potato french fries. I know they're more common in parts south, but a local BBQ place put them on the menu recently. oh...my...god. I can't get enough of the stupid things.

M80v2 | VP150v2 | QS8v2
SVS Pci+ 20-39
Emotiva UMC-1 & LPA-1
M22ti + T-Amp, in the Office