I love lemonaid. It packs big flavour that cannot be missed by those of us who's taste buds are in their sunset years. It has enough pucker to make you sit up and take notice, wetting the driest mouth. I balances sweet and tart without sacrificing flavour.

My favourite is still fresh lemons, sugar, soda water and lots of ice cubes. A shot of gin doesn't hurt either.

I caught on to the idea of playing with the flavour at one of those fresh lemonaid stands where they also put a half of a squeezed lemon in your drink, probably to reduce the volume. It just adds to the flavour.

My current go to lemonaid is a blend of convenience and enhancement. I start with a can of frozen concentrate for which I close to double the water added and then squeeze in a lime, dropping in half of the squeezed lime.

You need to be careful with limes. If you leave the rind in over night, the drink starts to bite back and the lime overpowers. 4 hours is about right.

Lemon rind is a different story. The other day I forgot and left it in for a day. The result was a very concentrated lemon flavour without the bite of bitterness and no overpowering sourness.

Just finished making a jug so I have some to take with me golfing tomorrow.

Fred

-------
Blujays1: Spending Fred's money one bottle at a time, no two... Oh crap!