Originally Posted By: CV

Very good points, but I'll say that brand loyalty does make some sense. If you have a history of being taken care of by the company, that's value, too.

I dont know how may people on the forum have owned a Jaguar? This is the best example of HORRIBLE customer service from a premium brand that i can think of.... Sure, their cars are nice... However, i would NEVER buy one specifically because of the way they treat customers after the purchase...

I would pose the argument that in todays market, customer service is THE most important factor in a company that wishes to obtain repeat business. For me, a company with the best customer service will get my business, even if their product is marginally inferior to a company that offers horrible service.

Originally Posted By: grunt

I find it difficult to believe that Axiom can produce a new type of speaker that can outperform the M80s by a fair margin let alone do it without costing a fair amount more.

Just to make a fare argument, Ian has not stated a price, but i think that it would be rational to expect a higher cost, due to the active DSP even if everything else is held constant.

Also, the Social Scientist in me, says it is completely rational for people to get excited about the prospect of a future product/purchase... Retail therapy for guys you might say......