Originally Posted By: FireGuy
Observation: Assuming the LFR1100's will be a huge success; there should be a rather significant spike in the auction site for M80's coming up. That's gotta be good.

I do not know that there will be a large spike (however, i DO know that there will most likely be a pair of M60ti's for sale). Due to the system requirements to run these speakers. People that are currently using a receiver or 1 channel of amplification per speaker now will have to buy the new speakers in addition to a second channel of equal amplification per speaker. For people who are using receivers, i am not sure that you can have the exact same signal sent to multiple channels in a receivers amplifier section? If you can not, then people who are currently using receivers will have to buy 4 channels of matched amplification. Of course, you could just power the front speakers... But that would kind of be defeating the point of buying the new towers...

Given the the current number of people who use outboard amps compared to receivers is pretty small, i do not know that we will see the demand to upgrade that was experienced when the vp180 was introduced.... The initial price point of these speakers is higher, and the added amplification makes these speaker about 5,000$, a pair retail, by the time everything is bought and paid for. That is leaving 1,300$ for 4 channels of amplification which is somewhat modest amount.

Last edited by dakkon; 03/25/12 10:46 PM.