Originally Posted By: Andrew
Originally Posted By: JBall

I have a hard time believing this. All the best speakers in the world use Cast baskets and its not b/c of marketing.

I would wager that very few people have ever performed a controlled comparison of the two. It's pretty much impossible if you don't build drivers in-house and have an anechoic chamber to precisely match the drivers being compared. The test then needs to be performed blind, precisely level matched, and repeated multiple times to compensate for different speaker positions.

At nearly $4k / pair cast baskets should be a standard not an option. It's not always just about determining a difference in a blind test. It's a matter of pride in build quality and using the highest quality of parts if you chose to charge such a premium for your speakers. I don't see your competitors fighting so hard to rationalize using better parts. They just do.

It seems odd to me that you would nickle and dime us $120 for such an expensive speaker and not just make it a standard option included in the current price.

The same is true for how you now charge for bi-amping options on your speakers which used to be standard and while your speakers retailed at a lower cost. Now your speakers cost more money and offer less standard options.

Last edited by JBall; 03/18/12 03:17 PM.