Originally Posted By: JBall

Again $120 difference in cost to upgrade to the better drivers IMO should be standard at this price point. That cost is likely 1/2 to Axiom and there seems to be a good margin already in this product as is.

I think this is what Andrew was getting at, the perception of "better" without scientific proof, or a double blind test to prove you can "hear" a difference, how would one quantify better?

the argument that the more expensive companies use it so it "must" be better doesn't always hold true... a perfect example, is Ferrari... Heck, they used some off the shelf Ford parts for the 348/355....

I think the option is there, and at minimal cost.. i mean, 100 bucks.. That's a dinner out with some friends. For me, if i decide to go with cast, i am not concerned with the 120$.. but that is just me. Also, depending on how long you keep the speakers... i have had my M60's for going on 7 years... if you amortize the 120$ over 7 years, if you only keep them for 7 years.... thats 20$ a year, or 1.4$ a week, thats much less than a gallon of gas nowadays laugh

To my orignal point, i think if there was an audible difference, they would have used the cast in the new speakers, especially since the new speaker is their flagship speaker.....

On a side note, if they hadn't offered the cast option would we be having this conversation? i would postulate not....