Originally Posted By: Andrew
Originally Posted By: JBall

At nearly $4k / pair cast baskets should be a standard not an option. It's not always just about determining a difference in a blind test. It's a matter of pride in build quality and using the highest quality of parts if you chose to charge such a premium for your speakers. I don't see your competitors fighting so hard to rationalize using better parts. They just do.

I think the difference simply comes down to our philosophy. We feel it's important to offer our customers a choice when it comes to things we have found don't make a difference in sound quality but do require an increase in price. Everyone at Axiom is extremely proud of the products we build and if we felt that die-cast drivers equated to better quality, you can be sure they would be in all of our models. We should also remember that these "nearly $4k" speakers include a serious piece of electronics which on it's own is very costly to produce.

Fair enough Andrew, I don't want to be combative with you but you guys do seem to go against the grain quite often. I've never seen expensive speakers like these use stamped baskets. In pro audio, its a standard to use cast. They are stiffer, and stronger. I know for a fact all Paradigm, PSB and Harman speakers at this price and even cheaper use cast baskets. Those are all companies that cherish science and DBT testing too so I know it's not just marketing. To say there is "No difference" in these parts, certainly contradicts and almost mocks your competitors science.

Last edited by JBall; 03/18/12 04:29 PM.