Originally Posted By: cb919
I have been reading this thread and trying to learn, but I'll be honest and say my 1000 foot view of these speakers is muddy at best. Mark touched on this before when he asked about room acoustics, but that's where my logic falls apart.

With the DSP, I understand that you can get around the cancellation effects of front and back drivers and get the family of curves approaching optimum in an anechoic chamber. But doesn't that all go out the window as soon as you introduce room acoustics/reflections? Andrew (or anybody who actually understands this), can you explain to a dumb@ss like myself how all that careful DSP mapping in controlled conditions still has benefit when introduced to a real listening environment? To be clear, i am not being critical, I just don't understand. I still very much want to hear these bad boys since I missed them at the show (friggin Utah trip mad)

Thanks!

While the room is ultimately on your end, the family curves are very important to predict how the speaker will ultimately sound in a room because they deal with the direct, early reflected and late reflected sound of the speaker. The direct, first and late arrivals is ultimately makes up what we hear.

I’m armed and I’m drinking. You don’t want to listen to advice from me, amigo.

-Max Payne