Originally Posted By: grunt
Originally Posted By: solarrdadd

I've also never seen a speaker company with a members forum where the President of the company regularly and openly corresponds to members about products and concern. Only other place I've seen like that is Emotiva.

AV123?

[b]Actually that Axiom representatives seldom wade into the fray is a big plus IMO.
[/b
]

Originally Posted By: Ian

A lot of what you are pondering comes down to distribution and manufacturing, not marketing.

While this makes perfect sense, to the customer it is mainly marketing which is why I think issues like this keep cropping up. People are conditioned through conventional wisdom that certain things or designs are a necessity in certain products. So when Axiom deviates from this conventional wisdom it becomes a marketing issue to re-educate the customer to what really matters . . . how the speakers sound as a whole . . . and not the necessarily the design and individual components they are made from.

I also think that the higher the price (read high end) a product the more people expect it to have certain characteristics so when something deviates from what they expect they suffer a lot of cognitive dissonance based on what the market has told them made even worse if they’ve made purchasing decisions based on the conventional wisdom. This makes the re-education of the customer all the more important and difficult if not impossible, at least until third party “experts” (reviewers) chime in and even then the true believers will discount the reviews as being biased for various reasons.

I meant that they are not invisible or inaccessible to us. Ian and his wife have posted in this thread lots of great information which has been very relevant and important. I do agree that they for the most part are not meddlesome per say in the forum.

It's nice to see them post and know that they actually exist; I have no idea who the CFO for my bank is and that person or persons have never directly contacted us a customers of the bank (other than to tell us about higher fees) however I do know who the president of my speaker company is; and he communicates directly with us for much more than to tell us the cost of speakers are going up.

SonySXRD55"
Marantz AV7702MKII pre-amp
Emotiva XPA-5,UPA-2amps,
14 Speakers, All Axiom
Oppo 105D&93