I realized that I hadn't rerun MCACC since I've added the shelves to the living room wall, so when I pulled the mic from behind the TV, stretched out the cord, mounted the mic on the tripod sitting where I want it, started MCACC and it kept telling me to check mic. So, then I went to the room behind the TV where the other end of the mic was and... it was in 2 pices. Looks to have been chewed in two. I tried to just reattach it, and still didn't work, that's when I noticed several chew marks along the length of wire.

I was wondering why the cat wouldn't shut-up while I was trying to get this to work. It's like she was so excited that she was finally able to help with something. Jeesh!

I've checked, and so far I haven't found a replacement mic. There's a similar one on Amazon for about $15, but it only has a 6.5 foot cord for car use. Mine has a 16 foot cord and I need the extra length.

I did find and placed a bid on this one on e-bay. I hate bidding on e-bay. Someone else always comes along and takes it. Also, now I'm stuck waiting for up to 3 days, to see if I can even buy it.

Last edited by CatBrat; 12/09/11 03:51 AM.