Here's my review of the Pioneer Elite SC-67 I did today on Amazon.com. I'm including it here because of my mention of Axion Audio in it.

The best receiver I've owned, so far., May 5, 2013

Amazon Verified Purchase(What's this?)
This review is from: Pioneer Elite SC-67 9.2 Channel THX® Select 2 Plus A/V Receiver (Electronics)

I love Pioneer receivers. I had a low end Pioneer Elite before that developed a problem that was going to cost too much to fix, so I replaced it with a medium priced Denon. I always heard good things about Denon so gave it a try. I couldn't get it to sound right in my living room setup. Lows were weak, and highs were grating on the ears. After much adjusting and advice, I gave up, and ordered this upper range priced Pioneer and I'm glad I did. The only con is it's inability to equalize the lower bass, like the Denon's can. But I prefer too much bass as opposed to not enough. I can always turn the gain down on the subwoofer. I also like that it has multiple saves for MCACC, so I can drag a loveseat up close and just switch to a different preset sound calibration.

I've had this unit for 5 months now and I'm still loving it more every day. I'm running a 6.1 system in my living room, using Axiom Audio speakers, and a calibrated 65 inch Panasonic Plasma VT50. I'm in A/V heaven. Using an Oppo blu-ray player, without any video enhancements from the receiver.