Concerning trading stocks, my buy and hope strategies haven't worked out too well so far, so have decided to switch to the daily 1 percent strategy.

My goal will be to sell after approximately 1 percent gain, from any day trade purchase(s), instead of getting greedy and waiting for more. It's this waiting for more during day trades that can quickly go bad, sometimes turning what was supposed to be a quick day trade, into a multiple week hold for break-even, wasting valuable time.

One quick 1 percent trade, then out. Makes money (potential for a lot of money), then the rest of the day is freed up for other things instead. In order for this strategy to work, must immediately sell any trades that turn against me before they have had time to lose money. (That's one of the simplest, yet hardest things to do.) Using nearly 100 percent of capital per trade. Safe, as long as trading high volume stocks.

Today was first day. Worked fine, so far. Bought a stock at 12.30, sold at 12.44. Not a big move, but gained my goal for the day.