I recalibrated my MCACC system again yesterday, then experimented a long time with different cross-over settings. My choices were, none, 50hz, 80hz, 100hz, 150hz, 200hz. I had set it to 50hz about 2 weeks ago. I used parts of the TRON movie for sound. I watched this movie a few days before with the 50hz setting. I was amazed at how much bass I had with the VP160 in the mix. But running up and down the scale of available cross-overs, I ended up settling on the 80hz setting again, mostly as a compromise. At the 50hz setting I had better and louder bass and sound effects, but the background music suffered quite a lot. With no cross-over and all frequencies sent to all speakers it sounded the worst of all. Music was muted and more distorted sounding. I sort of liked the 100hz setting, but I lost too much lower sound effects. It just didn't impress me as before. At least with the 80hz setting, I have most, but not all, of the lower sound effects, and most, but not all, of the higher sounds sounding clearly. 100hz and higher had the best higher end and music. Also, it seems that voices had a more natural sound with the cross-over in the 80hz range.

Last edited by CatBrat; 02/28/12 09:51 PM.