Originally Posted By: dakkon
before you do all that, why not just disconnect the tweeters within some of the cabnets.? If i was in your situation, i thinks thats what i would do...

You know, I thought about that last night. Didn't know if that was a good idea or not.

I'm going to install an older pair of M22 v2 on the wall under the TV for lower L/R channels. If this sounds ok to me, then at least it'll be more in-line with the in-cabinet VP160. May not change the sound, but may at least look a bit better, and who knows, maybe sound better too.

Another think I need to look at is some sound treatments for the room. I had thought that the new drapes, rug and furniture was enough, but maybe not. Does anybody know of something "cheap" I could try to see if this helps fix the problem? Then later I could replace the cheap stuff with something a bit more visually appealing. Something that actually works. Not the egg carton stuff.

The tweeters from the lower L/R seems to be one of the main culprits. Turning them upside down helped. Disconnecting them would probably look and sound better. Unplugging them helped a lot from a rear seating position, but up close was too distracting without them on.