Not to start a rant but this was one of the key reasons I was willing and spent the kind of money that Anthem was asking for from their pre-amp.

The complexities of many of the AV receivers blows your mind. To say that a crossover is not a brick wall can be very deceiving as it really depends on how the firmware is implemented. On my old Pioneer Elite the unit had the default setting that cut out the mid-bass from the mains with a sharp knife. If you had a sub connected, it would direct all the bass sound to the LFR like falling off a cliff from 150hz down. Your 120hz sweet spot wouldn't make a peep from the mains. To get it to output, there were 3 different setting spots hidden inside the menus to expand the bass, play both LFE and Mains, and configure the mains as LARGE FULL RANGE.

For the month I had the Mirantz, I can't say it was much better. What Anthem did that I really like is with the ARC gives you a proper calibrated mic and a graphical screen showing you the response curve measured from each speaker. That way you can actually see if you are getting a null at a certain spot either from your speaker location or perhaps just the spot that you are sitting at. Worth every penny spent.

Anthem: AVM60, Fosi DAC-Q5
Axiom: ADA1500, LFR1100 Actiive, QS8, EP500, M3, M3comp, M5