I was told, 'sold' on ARC by my audio dealer. He said it was the best thing in audio in recent memory and a must have. Being a newbie (a new newbie as I have been in Audio from the vintage side for a very long time, but not up on the latest, greatest) I thought sure, why not, lets give it ago.

It worked well with the SVS Ultra Towers (my first purchase after loosing my vintage speakers to a lightning hit), they did benefit from the ARC2 handsomely in my room. But when I replaced those speakers after a few months of use with the Bryston Model T's, I found that the ARC2 ruined the wonderful full, dynamic fullness of the T's. All of the touchy feely mids/highs of the T's just went blah. Can you read that I wanted a speaker that bested my old towers? The SVS's didn't do it.

Bottom line, I love the natural sound of the T's, I really don't want to play with it. They just work well for 'me' in my room. I don't want no stinking room correction smile Except for some fun tweaks with bass curves.....