When I installed my new system last winter, the initial system that is with the SVS Ultra Towers and SVS SB16 Ultra, followed by the PC12 Plus then the PC Ultra13 (all failed including the towers), a Parasound A51 amp and Anthem AVM60. I used the ARC software which worked wonders with the SVS towers and subs; it really cleared up room deficiencies

After the failure of the Ultra Towers, I decided to just pull the trigger and replace with what I always wanted, the Bryston Model T's and then just use my old Def Tech PF15TL Plus sub for the time being. I used initially the ARC settings I had run with the SVS speakers just to see how it worked which included bass management. It was terrible, so I ran a new fresh scan of the room with the Bryston's and it once again was so so, not bad, better than the original, but not great.

I turned off all room correction and bass management and the sound just blew me away! Simply amazing. I called service at Bryston to tell Mike and he said good to hear.... that is how they like it, no room correction at all, just let the speakers do what they are supposed to do (if they are well designed) and not add in any 'filtering' which is what ARC is.

Try using your speakers and processing with NO filtering or correction at all, you might be surprised. However in the case of the SVS Towers, they needed it so it shows that the crossover design was not well designed perhaps.