Well, dont anyone ever tell ya seamfilling is easy or fun work. The room has finally been recoated, sanded with 120 then 220 and finally primed a first coat. I've been trying to think about if saving $600 was worth a couple week set back on the redo, but since I dont have a hard timeline I guess it was still worth it. If I ever was in this position again I would probably go with the guaranteed outcome, even for more money....

Funny thing today, I was using my ipad for music for the first time since our wedding last August. Did you know that crappy U2 album was "gifted" (forced onto) all us lucky itunes users. Holy snap I was mad when my playlist was suddenly interupted by Bono's ridiculously pretentious fluff lyrics of "Iris." And you have to jump through hoops with apple just to delete the crap. Sheesh.

Anyway, primed first coat. grin After, I stood back and realised just how ludicrous this room is going to be when finished. All the planning and dreaming is finally turning into something tangible. very cool!