Gripe/advice for others.

If you have power amps around, or find a honey of a deal on one, ensure they have either remote control function or 12v trigger startup before planning your system around them. frown

I own 2 power amps without such features and have to frankenstein a work around to integrate them into my system so they turn on and off with the AVR. Its a long story, but in the end I'll have spent hours emailing, rs232 programming, reading manuals, and spending waay too much money to get stuff working I already own. I broke up a 5ch seperates amplifier system, only to find out the pieces talk to eachother and wont remain powered on as standalone components.

This wouldn't be a big deal if the language used was rs232 based (as their manual states) but alas, I have to buy a go between interface box that transcodes rs232 to their internal coding. And guess what, its arbitrarily expensive, proprietary, and my amps are bricks without it. (Of course). Cant even sell them as a working system without selling all the pieces together. Blurgh!

The many hoops to jump through in this hobby. laugh Should'a became a videophile. (Cause video calibration gear is always trouble free.... grin)