Feels good. smile

Spent the afternoon being lazy and watching movies. After a little bit of tweaking I found the system is elevated into uncharted territory by using the subs as well as the towers with a crossover of 60hz. The tower's strong upper bass blends very well into the subwoofers and provides plenty of tactile response. John Wick's gun blasts were each felt at the couch with more presence than I have ever been able to achieve in this room without artificially bloating the bass. The machine gun was really fun. I just ended up rewatching the whole thing. smile The cannon battle scene (Ch4) from Master and Commander can now be played sat reference without a hint of strain. What? I can't hear you.... What is already entirely apparent is just how capable and natural these babies sound. No strain. No sweat.

I still have to play around with dialing everything in and spiking the towers. For now I'm taking a breather to just enjoy them without analyzing them to death yet. They are pretty awesome. New toys, right! I expect once they are lifted off the carpet slightly the bass will improve further at the expense of extension. They are bottom ported with a vent cutout out of the back of the bottom base. Right now the port length may be artificially lengthened due to sitting on the carpet. They are only supposed to be tuned to 25hz and they are hitting 18hz no prob.

Here is an earlier pic showing what is sitting directly on the carpet. It will be interesting to see how raising them slightly off the carpet with spikes changes things -if at all.

P.S. The final tower weight is over 170lbs.