Testing commences on the DSPeaker Antimode 8033SII subwoofer correction device! cool Socketman had one free'd up when his secondary system was under some maintenance and offered to ship it my way for a spin. What a nice guy!!

I've spent the morning playing around with it and am pleased with it's performance. It is simple to use and works as intended. The frequency sweeps were thrilling to say the least... from outside the room. I was able to measure (after listening tests) it was only affecting the room resonance region I would expect given my room's dimensions. Good news!

I need to spend more time with it to dial in the phase and levels post DSP applied to get a better indication of what is possible when tweaked using calibration tools. My initial listening impressions are positive and are as follows.

-It produces tight bass without sounding overly dry when engaged.
-It reduces overall tactile room response when engaged vs bypass mode.
-It does not shrink or modify the soundstage in any way I could discern.
-The overall perceived bass output is reduced slightly while couch rumble is reduced considerably.
-It is nice to have a simple one box solution that just works.
-It wasn't a pain in the neck like the Dirac computer trial. No handshake or format issues.

I used a bunch of music and a few movie sequences for testing I am very familiar with.

The music sequences were the first minute or so of Prince's Controversy, Michael Jackson's Billie Jean, and Mackelmore's Thrift Shop. For fun I threw on some old school Jamiroquai to listen to Stuart Zender's funky basslines.

Movie sequences were the "Beelzeboss Showdown" Chapter of Tenacious D in the Pick of Destiny and "The Falcon Flies Again" in Star Wars the Force Awakens. Both scenes use extremely dynamic and impactful bass swings.

Initial cursory measurements with pink noise show it is only affecting the low bass region. You can see the modes at 25hz and 50hz in my room are reduced in the plot. I will take a battery of plots later when I really get things dialed in with the DSPeaker engaged. Curious to see what the waterfall plots say.