smile Very glad someone found use in it. One of the subjects covered in detail was the concept of the ratio between direct sound vs early and late reflections. I am strongly considering the value of impulse response correction.

If you own Axiom speakers, early reflections are more forgiving in your setups, as they have a very flat off axis response. This is not to say early reflections arent supposed to be controlled. In my case, where my speakers are more directional, early reflections are better absorbed.

Early reflections add a sense of intimacy or liveliness. They are considered detrimental to imaging and clarity. Late reflections do not harm imaging, and increase spaciousness. A music centric system has a stronger ratio of early reflections and direct sound. A multichannel audio HT system has a greater ratio of late reflections and direct sound. This decreases liveliness in favor of speech intelligibility and clarity.

Floyd Toole tested the effect of lateral reflections using a mono source and a speaker representing the reflection point of a wall. A direct radiating speaker and a speaker located at the theoretical wall reflection point were placed and listeners were able to adjust the level of the speaker representing the first reflection. Listeners prefered a first reflection as strong as the direct sound.

Lateral reflections should not be completely absorbed, but should be controlled based on their off axis response and intended use. At AVS someone mentioned the words of Mathias contradicted Floyde Toole, but in fact, they agree on many fundamental audio concerns.