Ok opinions wanted guys.

My diy urge is creeping up again. I have to decide between a couple projects. It will be an either or choice and will set the other further away budget wise. Both will happen eventually I hope. Time to start budgeting for one.

After messing with an uber pro amp I have decided my mains just arent able to handle the massive dynamics I am craving without stupendous power. I would like to see if my current amps will fare better with more dynamic speakers.

Choice 1.

Buy refurbs here or build new LCR loudspeakers for my mains. Statement IIs considered. $2500 estimated cost.

Choice 2.

Upgrade to an Atmos setup. This will mean upgrading my AVR and installing in ceiling speakers I have roughed in for with Nick's help. Likely M3s. $3000-$3500 estimated cost.

I am leaning towards the first choice as it will benefit all source material (including 2ch.). And its cheaper.

If I go with choice 1 it will lead to another ridiculous adventure for you to follow eventually. Lol. If I go with choice 2 it will cost more money and I will still be lacking the dynamics I want. But I will have immersive audio.

First world problems or what? Ha.