All your dust are belong to us!!

What a messy weekend. You know how in The Evil Dead Ash's arm gets a chainsaw mod, well, it was a belt sander for me this weekend. wink

It all started out ok 6am Saturday morning. Garage was heating up. Coffee and Eggs on the go. Then I took a stroll to the speaker room to get geared up and shift stuff into the garage. WTF?!! All the work from last weekend was starting to show signs of shrinking up... Some fool forgot to bring the plywood strips inside for a week to let it dry from the humid snow melt from cars in the garage. Boo-erns!

So it looks like yet another step is added to the adventure. Wood filler and careful sanding. No biggie. The more sanding the merrier at this point. And merry it was. A couple drywall benches and an old table cloth (well, it became an old table cloth... a sore spot for a couple days. lol) and we were on our way. Here is what the before looked like after the first pass with the belt sander with 50 grit. It took 3 passes with 50 then a slow pass with 120 to get them all leveled out and ready for the orbital. Not too bad. Bad ass belt sanders don't really do slow well. Good thing I was looking for fast.

And leveled out ready for the filler and the next sanding stage.

A blessing in disguise happened as my palm sander died. I was forced to buy a new one and remembered Matt was good enough to comment earlier about what to look for in a decent one. I picked up a Dewalt random orbital with 2.6mm diameter travel (think thats good?) and it works great. It is awesome to deal with the velcro backed discs instead of ripping up Norton paper to fold into the old palm sander.

Anyway, after a solid 10 hours or so over 2 days of industrial sanding and messing around, here is how they are finally starting to take shape. Some minor wood filling and a final sand over everything should put us in good shape to get into the fun stuff. Color!