I'm the type of wierdo that likes going to the fabric store. Lol. I'm like Jamie and Adam of Mythbusters. If the mission calls for it, I'm in. grin fire retardant fabric is special order there.

Saving my next trip to the fabric store till my better half can attend (see: right mood to humour tedious theater details.) I'm thinking I will just over order fabric from parts express to put it directly behind the screen. A few threads over at AVS suggest doing this leads to better contrast and blocks light in one step. Was curious if anyone here had first hand experience with it.

The next trip to the fabric store will be for the sidewall panels material. Need to pick something in contrast to the rest of the sandy brown and pale yellow tones in the rest of the room. Might go red/gold. Might go copper tones. Need blinds too.

Sitting in the room listening to some old Moby. Wondering just how much better it can sound. Nervous my over analyzing details will implode in a sudden loss of spaciousness.... Trust my ears I have to remind myself. The machine can measure flatness and decay times, but cant grin. All the books suggest I'm just not there yet. Need to go over the checklist in the acoustical frontiers paper.