Sooooo... after months and months of talking the big talk, and one supremely cool visit to a local Axiomites dwelling to listen to the goods in person, I've finally taken the plunge! I called the toll free number, as JC directed, and talked to the man himself. One Home Theater System from the Factory Outlet is on it's way.... er, well will be on it's way in 3 -4 weeks time.

On the order :

2 M80's
2 QS8's
1 VP150
& 1 EP800!!!

All in black oak, and all from the Factory Outlet. Yes they do have the EP800 available from the Factory Outlet if anyone else is curious about that. Now I will admit that normally I probably would have wanted the brand spankin new stuff. I'm not usually a 'Factory Outlet' kind of guy. But when I visited SRoodes man cave, he informed me that he ordered his speakers (not his dual EP800's mind you, those were brand new) through the Factory Outlet, and I couldn't tell a bit that there was anything wrong with them what-so-ever... so with a 10% discount in mind (coupled with the 5% Home Theater discount), I went ahead with the entire order through the outlet and saved close to $700 bucks on my purchase... that's nothing to sneeze at!!!

Ahhhh... so now the imfamous 'waiting game' starts for me. I just went out and purchased my 65 inch Sharp Aquos LCD television, so that may help keep my nerves tamed a bit for the time being. But that won't last for long. Because a great as my movies will look now, I'm going to want them to sound just as awesome as the did in Steve's Home Theater... even though that will never be possible in my set up. Still, I'll want it to sound as close to that as I can get in my livingroom. So I'll go with the standard questions... having learned very valuable advice from this board already concerning speaker wire, I now know not to run out and purchase $800 dollars worth of Monster cables and wire like I did in my last set-up (shut up, I didn't know any better in those days damn it!!!). So what is the standard size wire everyone uses here for the M80's... 12 guage? How about the QS8's that will be clear across the room... stick with the 12 guage for them as well? The EP800 will require an RCA cord I assume, anything special I should be looking at for it? The VP150 should be fine with what ever cord I purchase for the M80's I would guess... so should I just be looking to buy a big roll of 12 guage wire and be done with it?

Oh goodness, this grin on my face is going to be difficult to scrub off in case a situation arises that calls for me looking something other than stupidly happy! I may need sedatives to get to sleep from now until my order arrives as well. Does anyone have any vallium they can spare? Ok Tyllenol PM if you don't want to get arrested on drug charges!

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD