Originally Posted By: CV
That's great news, Micah. I would certainly agree that the differences aren't subtle. There's a lot more impact. I'm going to play around with mine some more today, since I'm sure I can get even more out of it. I'm curious what will happen when I re-run the AS-EQ1's setup, though. Will I lose the impact, or will it really maintain those improvements? Since it already showed a flat frequency response through the EP800's range with the old amp, can there really be that much difference in performance with a similar flat graph for the new amp? We'll see how that goes.

So what was the final verdict on the Sub-EQ program? Did it maintain any advantages after you re-ran it? I saw your other thread where you put up the graphs, it looked as though there was a sizable improvement in the bottom end, and that improvement extended out to around 45 hz before the old amp caught up, and then extended out a bit further than the new amp... so more bottom end, with a bit less top end, a typical trade-off in amp design usually. But a fairly good trade off if you own a pair of M80's or M60's that can cover the 45+ hz and up end of the spectrum eh?

However once you applied the EQ it looked as though any advantages were nullified... what was the 'seat of the pants' impression? Perhaps it would be easier to tell if you put one of the old amps back into one of the 800's, and listened to them one at a time using the same material with the EQ applied to see if you can tell much of a difference then.

Just a thought.

My Stuff :

M80's
QS8's
VP150
EP800
Denon 4802
Emotiva XPA-3
Samsung BD-P3600
Sharp 65 Inch Aquos LCD